IMPORTANT MESSAGE ABOUT GCAM SCHOLARSHIPS:
Galveston County Aggie Moms’ Club (GCAM) supports all Texas A&M campuses including College Station, Galveston, and McAllen.
To be eligible for one of our scholarships, a student must have a permanent address that is within our membership zip code areas. As a member of GCAM, your zip code is added to that list.
GCAM awards at least three (3) scholarships each year in the amount of $1,000 each. Scholarships are awarded to students who meet our criteria. All scholarships are awarded in May/June and funded in the Fall.
The following criteria will be used for the selection of a recipient. The applicant must be/have:
1. Currently enrolled as a full time student at Texas A&M University.
2. Maintained a cumulative GPA of 2.5 and is in good standing.
3. Successfully completed 12 hours and is working towards a chosen degree plan.
4. A permanent mailing address within a zip code covered within GCAM’s membership roster.
5. Is not a recipient of a Galveston County Aggie Moms scholarship in any previous year.
6. Completed the application provided by the Texas A&M Scholarships & Financial Aid Department (online) by February 1st (DEADLINE WILL NOT BE EXTENDED).
The TAMU and/or TAMUG Department of Scholarships & Financial Aid selects Scholarship recipients who meet the criteria. Recipients will be notified by the Department of Scholarships & Financial Aid and a credit placed on the students account for use. Notification of recipients will be sent to GCAM.
In addition to our scholarships awarded each year, GCAM also awards two scholarships under its Endowment.
Applications are taken between October 15th and February 1st for the following school year.
All applicants must apply at: https://uwide.tamu.edu/
More information may be found on your student’s HOWDY Portal or by visiting TAMU Scholarships & Financial Aid Department at the above link, or by contacting them directly at (979)845-3982.
Please contact our VP at Large, at GalvestonCoMomsVPatLarge@aggienetwork.com.